I love summer. I love going to the lake, my parent’s pool, camping, just being outside. Although the last few days have been quite cold, I can deal with it as long as the weekends are nice. The 4th of July has always been my favorite holiday. Growing up, we’d always spend the 4th at my grandparent’s cottage on Green Lake. When we were little, we’d watch the parade and collect candy, but as we got older we always enjoyed riding in my grandpa or uncle’s classic cars. The rest of the day was spent swimming, tubing, eating, and just having fun with all the cousins. At night we’d always light some of our own fireworks and sparklers before laying blankets on the front lawn to enjoy the fireworks show over the lake. Now that I’m older and our family has changed and grown, things are a bit different, but I’m still looking forward to celebrating out there. Green Lake is one of my favorite.places.ever.
I’m also looking forward to the long weekend. Ben and I both have Friday and Monday off. This summer has seemed busier than most. On Mondays Ben plays softball, on Tuesdays Boston has his puppy preschool classes. Thursdays are dinner with my family, and many weekends we are at Ben’s parents cottage in Hastings. I’m looking forward to having time to sit in the hammock and read this weekend. To float on a raft for awhile. To sleep in.
This past weekend, we took Boston to Reed’s Lake for awhile one afternoon. We got ice cream at Jersey Junction. We walked down by the lake and let Boston swim. We just enjoyed the sunshine and took life at a slower pace. It was a picture-perfect afternoon.



Summer… will you please slow down?

2 comments:
Happy summer! Look at that cutie pie puppers...too sweet.
Glad to see your summer is going well! Boston is adorable!!!!!
Post a Comment